Just writing to note that work will resume after I finish my exams (I plan to work on fixing FNT loading, improving input handling and Wiimotion Plus support).
Anyway, if you are new to the project and speak french, you might want to check out beredezebe's tutorial about working with BennuGD in the Wii here.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I've uploaded some binaries I like to call beta 3. Chnages from previous beta include:
- Proper support for the Wii Balance Board (see here for a usage example). Thanks to the guys from devkitpro for fixing this in the latest libogc 1.8.6
- Default sound frequency has been changed from 32KHz to 48KHz. Had to do it because newer versions of VLC refused to resample the audio to 32KHz. Also many popular audio programs seem to handle 48KHz sound much better than 32KHz ones. Please note that as OGG Vorbis sound playback was failing, you are now encouraged to use MP3 and module music formats instead.
- Updates from upstream Bennu. I've re-sync'ed many things from upstream BennuGD. Please note that this build corresponds to revision 146 from SVN, and not the current one (190). The changes between this versions derive from the SDL 1.3 support I added to trunk to gain iOS compatibility and I most probably broke something so latest code is not working as expected. I'll fix this soon.
- Bennu can now open websites if the user has installed the (free) Internet channel.
- Some other misc bugfixing.
Hope you enjoy the changes and the proper balance board support and sorry for changing the default sound freq. it was just needed.
You can find the binaries here.