Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vigoroth le livreur

Beredezebe lets me know that user blabla (cool nick!) has posted a note in the French BennuGD forum about a game he's ported from microlua to BennuGD. It's called "Vigoroth le livreur" (Vigoroth the delivery man, if I'm not mistaken) and you can read all about the game here [fr].

My french is not as good as it used to be, but from what I can understand, this is a collection of 4 mini-games where you must help Vigoroth with his deliveries.

As I'm still busy with my university exams, I haven't been able to test it just yet but I promise I'll write a post about the game after I've played it.

Meanwhile, you can get it from here, and you can see some screenshots for the game below:




I'd like to congratulate blablabla for his game and thank beredezebe for letting me know AND for packaging the game for the Wii.

Also, as I said in the last post, the project is far from dead and right after I finish my exams I'm planning on doing a few nice improvements to the port. Right now I'm using the little free time I have to clean up the monolithic design I created so that it's much easier to mantain. I'll try to write more on that later.
Also, forum user Prg has created a physics module (wrapping around the Chipmunk physics library) which seems pretty cool. I'll try to bring that to the Wii, too.
You can have a look at what Chipmunk can do in the video below:


Happy coding!

PS: Sorry for the off-topic, but IMHO it's important.
Just using the screenshots I've posted above might be considered a copyright infringement and might be used as a reason to close this blog without any judiciary intervention once the new Sinde law [en] is passed in the Spanish Congress (even if the Congress rejected it last december, the two major parties have brought it back to life). They say it's a way to fight "piracy" but it could just as well be used for censorship. This is not good. If you live in Spain, you might consider not voting for PSOE, PP, CiU or any other party that supports censorship in the upcoming election.


[Update] And the law just got passed today. As I said, if you can vote in Spain, don't vote for them [es].

No comments: