The guys at Nintendomax (most of the gameplay videos I post come from their site) have organised a new Wii Homebrew development contest and it's certainly looking interesting!
You can use any programming language you want to for the game, so why not use the best one around?. You might want to use the newly released rc1 version that include mod_chipmunk physics to create stunning games very easily. It feels great and has helped bring very cool games to the Wii ;)
They're giving out two Nintendo 3DS consoles, accessories, 150€ in cash and more. See the link below for details.
Here are some of the rules for the competition, but be sure to read the whole thread linked below for more info.
- Everyone can participate, regardless of the country.Read all about the contest here [en] or here [fr].
- All games or applications must be totally new for the Wii. This implies that no projects have been submitted shall be posted on another site before the competition closed, the projects involved in the Homebrew Bounty taking place at the same time are accepted.
- The project progress can be posted during the contest period (WIP, Previews, videos, etc.).
- A Splashscreen will be posted april 11, 2011 after a competition for designers organized by us.
- The splashscreen will be the first image to appear in the project and will be posted at least 5 seconds. Transitions and all types of effects are allowed.
- Participants may submit 1 or more projects.
- Ranking of the contest will be defined by a jury. No public vote is held.
- The classification criteria are multiple (originality, graphics, life, gameplay, personal notes, stability / bug, etc ...), a report will be posted after the vote.
- Competition results will be posted June 30, 2011.
- The Loader or applications that enable piracy of games is prohibited.
Hope to see your entries soon!