Monday, February 21, 2011

Firewhip

I just took this photo of Firewhip running in my Wii.

To my knowledge, it's the first time this very cool game is being run in a Wii. There's still a lot of integration work to do (controls, mostly) and bugs to fix.

I just thought it'd be cool to show that the game seems to be running well with the cleanup I just finished doing to the new architecture (more on that to come, but to sum up I changed a bit the way the whole monolithic system works to make it even easier to mantain and updated the code to match the latest upstream version of BennuGD).

[Updated] This game's just so cool! I've adapted the controls for the Wii in a matter of minutes and spent a few minutes playing it... Things look nice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!, that's the coolest way I could imagine for you spending the monday morning!. :)

beredezebe said...

So is Puzsion abandonned ?

Unknown said...

Not at all! There's a bug in bennu that doesn't allow loading fnts in bigendian systems and is being quite hard to fix.
it really breaks the game experience.

Even if i don't fix it, i think i'll be able to workaround it. I'll try to release a working version of puzsion this week. Thanks for reminding! :)