Wednesday, March 31, 2010

libkey, mod_key & a few shots

I've integrated the keyboard handling functions. I've not tested them on a real Wii yet, but the same code in my Linux box seems to be working fine.

As I wrote earlier today, I wanted to share some screenshots of actual games with you.
The first one comes from a fighting game called "Fostiator" (don't ask) which is a very old fighting game that came as an example for the program that inspired Fenix and then Bennu:



The code is the same one you'll be using in your Wii and should work just like it, with the sole exception of the endianess bug that'd make colours look pretty broken right now.

The following screenshot comes from a game called "EEEEK! EEEEEK! HOOOOOOK!!!" by Gabriel Garrote and won the first BennuGD/GPH game programming contest. I had to patch this one a little bit so that it wouldn't use some functions found in mod_wm, but the rest of the code is untouched.







The main motivation behind testing this code is to be able to play some cool games in my computer. The "other" motivation is to test the scroll functions.... Well, here's the result:



As you can imagine, the scroll is pretty much broken right now. There's a lot of working code there, however! :)

I will let you know when I fix the libscroll code, in the meantime, you might like to play Gabriel Garrote's EEEEK! EEEEEK! HOOOOOOK!!!.
Seriously, it's a great game (that you'll soon be playing in your Wii :).

PS: One more

No comments: